Monday, 2007.12.31, 5:35 PM CST.
of 2007: At least we lost Anna Nicole.
it has been the end of a year of tremendous happiness, as well
as tremendous sadness.
a brief rundown of the "plusses" of the year:
I got married to Lanna in January.
I welcomed my first child, my son X, in April.
Lanna and I bought a house in June.
the losses of the year:
My mother (one of my greatest friends) died in July.
- I lost my day job in July (10 days before my mother died).
- Mike Selvaggi, owner of Mario's Pizza, died in November.
- My family's old swimming pool was dismantled/removed.
- My old high school building was torn down.
- The RSC/RSU Post House was torn down.
Bell's Amusement Park was torn down.
- The former 71st + Memorial Grandy's building was torn down.
- The Camelot Hotel was torn down (well, for the most part).
it's kind of stupid to be so sensitive about old buildings and landmarks
that I valued when I was younger, and to form such attachments with long-gone
businesses... but that's how I am. I'm
basically a person made out of memories, and it hurts when those memories
lose their physical manifestation.
hurts even more when a person I cherish becomes a memory.
to a much better, much brighter year in 2008. God knows I
need it. Happy
New Year's Eve, everybody.